Blogroll

"I'm just a Country Mom blogging about {my} small town country life"

Pages

December 22, 2012

Pre-Teens & Chaos!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a Happy Saturday! I also hope everyone is ready for Christmas! Today was an eventful day for the Spencer's. We did a little shopping, Logan paid a visit to his grandparents, and my husband and I had a much needed luncheon together! Love me a lunch date!

I know I haven't been blogging long, and I really haven't blogged much about my family at all .. but I do have a question for all you moms out there that have pre-teen boys. My son, Logan, just turned 10 on the 14th of this month. Next year, he will have to go to a new school because his only goes through 4th grade, and he's really had to deal with a lot this year. His best friend left a few weeks before Thanksgiving because his family had to move due to their finances. This really took a toll on my son. Up until July 2011, we had always lived in the country, and he didn't have many friends close by. He has more now but would still rather be cooped up in his room on a video game. My husband and I have tried everything we know to get him more out and involved. He does baseball in the summer, football in the fall, and is in Cub Scouts. So, it's not like he isn't out there participating in things! Does anyone have any ideas on other things we can try? I'm really worried about his social development, and I don't want him to be a loner. I had asked before on CafeMom about social sites for pre-teens, yet no one really took me seriously. I just want my son to have a great childhood ... one full of friends and not full of bullies ... there's enough of them as it is!

Logan is really insecure when it comes to some things. His real dad doesn't have anything to do with him, but he does have a great relationship with my husband so that's a plus. Logan's just real timid and doesn't like the idea of getting hurt. We really have to push him to try new things. I don't mind that he's into video games because he does play some educational ones and games like Minecraft that challenge him to use his brain. I just want him to discover that there's a whole new world out there beyond a controller. We take him out and do things with him, but he just can't wait to come back home thinking he'll be able to go right in there and play. He loves to read and draw and is really good at it! I just need to "tap" all of those inner "greats" out of him. He loves school and doesn't miss at all! Sounds real uncommon for a boy, huh?


We got him a Chicken Soup for the Soul: Pre-Teen Talk the other night at the bookstore. We are hoping this will help him to see that he isn't alone when it comes to things that are going on in his life. I'm sure some of you other moms have been through things like this or are going through them now with your own children. I will take any advice you can give me. I know unlike harsh message boards, blogging moms are more likely to give you real answers and suggestions and not be mean or try to hurt your feelings. I really appreciate that too!

With that being said, load those comments up ladies!!!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments from all my fabulous visitors. Be sure to include the link to your blog, and I will stop in for a visit on your front porch!

 

Popular Posts

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2013

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Demi Spencer (daspencer06@gmail.com).

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to:
http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

This blog is also protected by:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Free Page Rank Tool

{Country} Life ...
with a front porch view
Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon blogger template for web hosting Flower Image by Dapino