Blogroll

"I'm just a Country Mom blogging about {my} small town country life"

Pages

January 07, 2013

My Take on Homemade Chili

Hello and Happy Monday to everyone! I hope you all had a super weekend!

Well, the weather is finally turning colder here in TN and to my husband that means one thing, crockpot chili! This recipe is something I picked up and added too a few years ago. My family loves it! It is super simple to make and doesn't take much at all!

Ingredients for my awesome crockpot chili:

2 pounds (or more) of ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans of Bush's Chili Magic Chili Starter
(I use the traditional "mild")
2 cans of Hunt's Diced Tomatoes
(I use the Basil, Garlic, & Oregano)
1 can of tomato sauce

*The Chili Magic calls for one can to be used for each pound of ground beef that you use. Be sure you add more of the other ingredients depending on how much ground beef you add. We made 2 meals for 4 adults off of 2 pounds of ground beef, and I think there's still enough left for another bowl or two!

First off, you need to brown your ground beef and drain it well. Once you have this completed, simply return it to the stove (I always brown mine in a pot verses a skillet), add your chopped onion and add all your other ingredients. I leave it on the stove just long enough to heat up the mix and let the onions begin to cook. Then, just transfer everything over to your crockpot and you are all set! I let mine cook on low all night stirring every hour or so.

I use a 5 quart crockpot to make my chili. When it first starts out, it's almost near the top of the rim as you can see from my picture. It will begin to cook down the longer it sits in the crockpot. If you feel like you need to add more tomato sauce, you can once it begins to cook down. You can also add any other ingredients or spices you like at this point! Trust me, within a couple of hours, you will have your whole house smelling good!!! You can go ahead and eat a bowl if you just can't stand it once it is all heated thoroughly!

This is what ours looks like once it has cooked all night! Yum Yum!!!






I hope you all enjoy my take on homemade chili! Be sure to let me know how yours turns out! Also, leave me a comment if you add anything else to the mix once you begin cooking it in the crockpot. I'm always looking for new things to try! I always finish mine up with crackers, sour cream and shredded cheese once I make my bowl. It really does hit the spot!!!  =)

From my front porch to yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments from all my fabulous visitors. Be sure to include the link to your blog, and I will stop in for a visit on your front porch!

 

Labels

favorites (11) link-up (9) twitter (9) facebook (8) gifts (7) cooking (6) homemade (6) recipe (6) blogging (5) family (5) giveaway (5) holidays (5) ideas (5) Valentine (4) crafts (4) how to (4) home (3) Elf on the Shelf (2) Sandy Hook (2) about me (2) blog hopping (2) blogger (2) disaster (2) guest post (2) h54f (2) kids (2) life (2) organization (2) shopping (2) support (2) thoughts (2) wordless wednesday (2) Liebster (1) Mondays (1) Scentsy (1) Superbowl (1) advice (1) award (1) blogathon (1) business (1) catch-up (1) chaos (1) conference (1) decor (1) drama (1) event (1) exchange (1) friends (1) fun (1) funnies (1) goodies (1) insights (1) introduction (1) mom (1) networking (1) party (1) pictures (1) projects (1) recap (1) shopping. (1) special (1) special day (1) spotlight (1) teams (1) teens (1) trip (1) views (1) vlogging (1) weekend (1) winner (1)

Popular Posts

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2013

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Demi Spencer (daspencer06@gmail.com).

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to:
http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

This blog is also protected by:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Free Page Rank Tool

{Country} Life ...
with a front porch view
Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon blogger template for web hosting Flower Image by Dapino