Blogroll

"I'm just a Country Mom blogging about {my} small town country life"

Pages

December 17, 2012

Prayers for Sandy Hook

Good Morning to my fellow followers. I hope everyone has made the most of the week/weekend that is now behind us. As you have probably noticed, I have not made a blog entry since Thursday. Friday, December 14, 2012, was both a happy and a sad day for myself and my family. I stayed pretty busy planning for my son's birthday party and babysitting my favorite little man Jo-Jo. It wasn't until later in the afternoon that I heard about the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary.

It's still incredibly hard for me to wrap my mind around what has happened. Here I am, celebrating the fact that my son is 10 and there's 20 kids that won't get another present. 20 kids that won't have Christmas this year. 20 kids that will never see 10 years old. 20 kids that left this Earth as angels way too soon.

Among these 20 kids and the 6 adults that were killed in Sandy Hook, 2 of the 1st graders were fellow Cub Scouts and parents of others were leaders in Pack 170 in Connecticut. This really hits home for me being the Cubmaster of our pack. We are going to find a way to address this during our meeting on Tuesday and let our Scouts know that we need to come together and be there for these families even though we are hundreds of miles away from CT.

I hope that if you are a reader of my blog and have children of your own, you will take the time to sit down with them and talk about what has happened. This is effecting people all across the US and the world. Make sure your children feel safe. If they don't, find a way to make sure that they do!

We are never promised tomorrow. Take time for your children. Don't just push them away and not spend time with them. There are so many children that never get to spend time with mommy and daddy because they are always "too busy" or "can't play" or simply just don't care. And we wonder why our world is in the shape it is. We all take life for granted, (sadly). Let's take this time and change things if we need to and make those little moments count.

From my heart to yours,

And for all those in Newtown/Sandy Hook

May God Bless Us All!

R.I.P. to all the Angels called Home way too soon!






8 comments:

  1. so unbelievably tragic....i cannot seem to think about anything g else. i cannot even imagine. Our whole world needs prayers....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree Annmarie! I cannot get it off my mind either. This will be my blog post for the day as I reflect and watch news coverage.

      Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to hearing from you again soon!

      Hugs,

      Demi

      Delete
  2. Found you on Bloggy Moms... so glad I did. I love the line: We are never promised tomorrow. Beautiful. Following you everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I stopped by your blog. I'm glad to have you here with us! Welcome!

      Delete
  3. What a touching post, so easy to take today for granted. Got your link from Bloggy Moms. Following you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will return the favor as well. Glad to have you here. I will check out your blog shortly!

      Delete
  4. It's truly heartbreaking. I'm thousand miles away from the incident, but when I woke up after taking a nap with my little guy and the news came up on my feed, I was just speechless and my tears started falling. I wouldn't be able to imagine what the parents and loved ones must be going through. I put up a small green and white ribbon on my blog's sidebar to remember the lives that were lost. (I believe these colours were their uniform)

    (P.S. I'm now your newest follower. )

    xx Donah (Sweetjellybean.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel Donah! Thanks for stopping by my page. I'm following you now as well. I love the ribbon you made. Do you mind sharing that? I'd love to put it on my blog.

      Thanks and glad to have you here.

      Demi

      Delete

I love reading comments from all my fabulous visitors. Be sure to include the link to your blog, and I will stop in for a visit on your front porch!

 

Popular Posts

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2013

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Demi Spencer (daspencer06@gmail.com).

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to:
http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

This blog is also protected by:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Free Page Rank Tool

{Country} Life ...
with a front porch view
Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon blogger template for web hosting Flower Image by Dapino